The museum, Read more [...]
Place Category: Museums
Around 1835 some of the settlers in the London area started to train in Calvary skills, and when the British garrison left in 1856, they formed the the First London Voluntary Troop of Cavalry. By 1866 there were four independent troops: London, St. Thomas, Courtright, and Kingsville. On the 31 of May 1872 these were consolidated into one unit with headquarters in London under the command of Lt. Col. John Cole. In 1892 the First Regiment of Calvary was renamed the 1st Hussars.
We welcome comments, suggestions, and inquiries. We are currently able to arrange tours. Write to us at:
1st Hussars Museum Mail “A” Block
Wolseley Barracks 701 Oxford Street East
London ON N5Y 4T7
Detailed Business Hours:
Operating hours in effect from April 18 to November 14.
Holiday Hours: 1:00pm – 4:00pm